Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: A Good Day to Pick Elfspears

This weekend, there is a bonus for flower-picking. It was announced that the "green" flowers (Oxlips, Elfspear, and Buckthorn) would have more spawns active, and indeed that is true. Based on a small sample (633 nodes), it does not appear that the chance of getting a sapphire or amber is significantly different, so the average extracts per node is probably the same.

However, as noted in my blog post, Elfspears, which are relatively uncommon, do have a higher chance than other ordinary flowers of producing sapphires and ambers. The 85 Elfspears I picked yesterday and today produced 8 ambers and 3 sapphires. Since there are more Elfspear spawns, it may be worth looking for them among the many Oxlips that are there for the picking.

Successor

Awarded:

Good to know. I have been having some good luck getting crits for sapphires. I haven't gotten anything decent from Elfspears but am picking them as I find them.

I ended up with too many sapphires and not enough regular phials, so I need to pick up everything I see to get a 4 slot leggings piece. I'm tired of trying to get the 4 slot from Quays of Harlond instance. I think we've probably done that instance 50 or 60 times and I've yet to have them drop for me.

Gab

If you're going to want the new rings (Update 19.2 now scheduled for Monday), you'll need sapphires for them. (I think it is 4 sapphire, 5 amber, plus 500 umber (will), verdant (agility) or crimson (might)).

Basically, you want to choose your area based on what you want most (sapphire by water for Bell-o-dale, amber by cliffs for Drakewort), but otherwise just pick everything. If you're picking a flower every few seconds, the common ones add up, and you'll see crits from common ones too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: