Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: Spring Festival Quests for Essence Items (now to April 9)

Similar to the Yule Festival, the Spring Festival has added quests that reward items useful for level-cap characters.

There is a daily repeatable quest A Taste of Spring that requires you to do 10 festival quests. You must pick it up from Sergeant Tom, the Spring Festival barterer at the Bree Fairgrounds, before you turn in any quests to get credit. It is not auto-bestowed.

It rewards a Pouch of Ithilien Essence Fragments. So far, I've gotten 1 or 2 Ithilien Essence Fragments and an occasional Scrap of an Essence Reclamation Scroll. Both are bound to character and can be bartered. 4 Ithilien Essence Fragments will get you a North Ithilien Essence Box, which is Bound to Account. 3 Scraps of an Essence Reclamation Scroll will get you an Essence Reclamation Scroll, which is not bound. If you have or will have level cap characters, you can earn the essence boxes on any character, even low level ones, and pass them to characters that can use them. Essence Reclamation Scrolls can be passed, traded or sold. (Unlike the Yule festival, there is no low-level barterer to turn in the fragments/scraps.)

There is another quest A Bustling Bloom (Intro) that is auto-bestowed and requires you to do A Taste of Spring 4 times, and rewards with your choice of a craft item needed for upgrading an Ithilien Essence. There are 7 items to choose from, one corresponding to each craft profession (except prospector, forester and farmer). The recipes are basic for Anorien tier crafters, so choose one you can use. The rare items are not bound, so can be sold or passed to an appropriate crafter. The scheme for upgrading essences allows any Ithilien Essence to be upgraded by any Anorien crafter (and turned into a different essence in the process, if desired, since the result of the crafting is a token to be bartered for a new essence box).

After doing A Taste of Spring 4 times, completing A Bustling Bloom (Intro), I was given A Bustling Bloom (Intermediate), for 4 more A Taste of Spring quests. It rewards with two of your choice of essence craft item. After I completed the Intermediate tier, I was bestowed A Bustling Bloom (Final), for 4 more A Taste of Spring quests. The final also rewards with two essence craft items. They extended it until April 9, so there's more days for you to complete all 3 tiers.

So far I have identified 12 quests that qualify as daily quests. There are 7 Hedge Maze quests and 4 quests in the Duillond Festival Garden (Shrew-stomping location; the shrew-stomping quests can be done multiple times a day). The flower-picking quest from Avery Crabapple by the Boar Fountain in Bree also counts, whether or not you actually pick flowers. You just have to wait an hour (logged on or not) for the timer to expire. If you discover other quests that count, let me know.

The Spring Festival is now scheduled to run until April 9.

Last edited by Michaleo on April 2, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Officer

re: Spring Festival Quests for Essence Items (now to April 9)

The Spring Festival has been extended through Sunday, April 9.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: