Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: Update 21 Mordor Expansion now on Bullroarer

Update: Bullroarer has been up this weekend, and will likely be up on weekends until they are ready to launch.

They are starting to test Update 21, the Mordor Expansion Pack, on Bullroarer. If you're interested in seeing what's coming or just want to try some things you can't afford on the real servers, you can download the Bullroarer client and check it out.

The Bullroarer server will be up from time to time as they test out the new content and other changes. To access it, you must download and install a separate LOTRO client, which is around 24 gigabytes. You can keep both clients on your computer and switch back and forth between the Bullroarer client and the regular client, but an account can be logged on to only one server at a time (either Bullroarer or one of the real servers). You can copy one or more characters to Bullroarer using the transfer feature. What you do on Bullroarer does not affect the real servers, and there's no way to get anything back from it. On Bullroarer you can get lots of gold, LP and MC to spend, as well as other tokens and barter currency. There are ways to instantly level-up new characters.

The Bullroarer forum https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?787-Bullroarer-(Public-Test-Server) has a lot of information, although it's not always easy to find.

The download links are here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?571061-Bullroarer-client-Installer-DOWNLOAD-LINKS Note that if you have installed it before, you should not need to download it all again. If you start the Bullroarer client, it should update to the current beta version just like the normal client does.

As of this moment, they have not yet updated Bullroarer with the first beta update. However, you can download and install the client if you don't have it yet, or update your Bullroarer client to the previous beta to reduce the time to update to this beta when it is available.

I will post further messages on this thread as we get more information. If you have questions, let me know.

As always with Bullroarer, things may change before it goes live.

Officer

re: Update 21 Mordor Expansion now on Bullroarer

Some notable changes:

The level cap is raised to 115. Note that stats have been inflated a lot.  I made an instant 115 hunter similar to Michaleo with high-end gear, but not completely optimized. He still had over 50k morale, compared with 25k I have at 105.

The mobs are tougher. I copied Nodread, 105 guardian, average gear to Bullroarer, and the level 106 landscape mobs are much tougher than any 105 landscape mobs in the current update. They have more morale, do more damage to me, and absorb less damage from me than current mobs.

Imbued Legendary Items automatically get 5 more tiers for their main and other legacies. They also have an additional 5 tiers available by using Anfalas Star-lit Crystals and Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment. The new final tiers will be 53 for the main legacy and 69 for the other legacies. You will need to add or earn IXP to see the effect, as usual. Summer Festival starts this week, and you can barter for Anfalas Star-lit crystals. The easiest way to get Scrolls of Empowerment is still the three daily Minas Tirith Smiths', Builders' and Burgsmen's instances to get tokens you can barter for them.

There is a new crafting tier called Doomfold. (There are not adding another tier of the guild.) There are new default recipes and additional ones available for barter that make level 115 items. It's pretty traditional, with ore, wood and scholar nodes. Things are incomplete so far, but I'll post more as they develop.

The gear will require fewer essences. There is non-essence gear with substantial stats, and the essence gear has significant built-in stats and fewer essence slots. The full test set of armour and jewellery had only 12 slots total.

I'll post more as I learn more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: