Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaleo
Officer

re: Update 19 preview video, barter 4-slot armour

A player has created a video showing some features of Update 19 as seen on Bullroarer. Here is the post in the LOTRO forums:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?647431-Update-19-beta-fully-explained 

One point he mentioned that I haven't seen yet is that there will be 4-slot 105 armour that you will be able to barter for. It relates to the flower-collecting in North Ithilien.  It won't have set bonuses. I'll post more if I get more info next time Bullroarer is up.

Officer

re: Flowers for Armour

A major activity in North Ithilien in Update 19 will be flower-picking. Flowers are nodes much like existing landscape flowers. (They cannot be picked mounted .)

They produce 1-4 phials of Crimson, Umber or Verdant, more on crits. These phials are bound to character and can be bartered. To get armour, you first barter 125 of one of the flower phials for a phial of Amber, and 250 of the flower phials for a phial of Sapphire.

An armour piece is 2 Sapphires and 4 Ambers or roughly 1,000 of the flower phials, which is hundreds of flowers. (I didn't collect enough to get an accurate average, but I  would guess 350-450.)

The light armour has 90 will and 442 morale. The heavy armour has 90 might and 442 morale. The medium armour has 90 vitality and 442 morale (too lazy to make separate might pieces for Beornings?). It isn't class armour, so there are no set bonuses.

Even raiders will want to pick flowers. They can upgrade their Greater raid class armour to Supreme for 2 Sapphires and 4 Ambers.

Successor

Awarded:

I'm assuming this replaces the 4 slot Dol Amroth armour (100) and the 4 slot Pelennor (105) will continue to drop from instances?

As far as I know, there are no changes to the current instance or raid class armour sets, so the 4-slot 105 essence light/medium/heavy armour is just a new option.

To force the hard-core raiders to pick flowers , there is an upgrade to the raid class armour available from flowers.

Recruit

Perhaps because I'm just coming back from a break, but picking flowers doesn't seem that fun to me. Is there something I'm missing on that or is this really just simple node harvesting?

Michaleo
Officer

Picking flowers is a new thing coming in Update 19. It is a little more random than node harvesting, but it is essentially the same thing. Although ore, wood, and scholar nodes can be picked while mounted, these flowers (like existing landscape flowers and vegetables) require you to dismount.

As far as "fun" is concerned, you have to compare it to grinding instances dozens of times in the hope you will get an armour drop from a chest. I'm not as hardcore as some, but in the six months since Update 18, I have 6 armour pieces split between my 3 level-cap characters. Having a more deterministic way to earn the pieces I'm missing appeals to me, even if it is tedious in a different way.

Recruit

Thanks for clarifying. I saw that it was something new and when I read it, I sat back in my chair and tried to think of when Frodo or Bilbo happened to go picking flowers, and then tried to find the reasoning for this being a feature. 

Definitely makes more sense now. Thanks.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowBane Forum Index -> PUBLIC CHAT/INTRODUCTIONS/CoC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: